Our Odyssey

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

SPAMARAMA


SO many awesome things have happened over the past few days that I haven't even had TIME to write.
Okay, that's a lie. I probably did have time.
But we really have been doing AWESOME things!



The Yogi Bear Jellystone Camp RV Park was totally bitchin' (am I allowed to say that on the blog?). It had waterslides, and an 8 foot deep pool, and golf carts, and tricycles, and a mini golf course, and panning for gold, and a petting zoo, and an island with a bridge, and yogi bear stuff!!! They served us really good hamburgers and we took the dogs on a couple romps to the island. Then, me and Will went in search of a grocery store while mommy wrote like mad. We didn't find a grocery store, but we did find a beer depot, a dorky kid on a vespa, and some moldy spam vats. Just goes to show, sometimes you go looking for one thing and find something even better.
Or worse. Sometimes it's worse.



Then, on Tuesday, we went to.... THE SPAM MUSEUM. I think that would probably be the coolest thing I've ever done. They had a giant wall of Spam cans, a life size model of Spammy, Spam movies, Spam shirts, Spam facts, and Spam samples. Try saying that five times fast! Spam samples, spam samples, sam spamples, slam stamples, spalsdkmf;alkwepogiahdsl;fkjasldkfj. :D They had a long conveyor belt of spam cans winding through different rooms, they had giant Spamburger hamburgers hanging from the ceiling, they even had a room where you could put on a Spam factory uniform and practice packaging fake Spam in Spam cans!! It timed you, and apparantley the Spam factory can can 146 cans of Spam in the time it takes me to can 1. D: I feel inadequate.
Insert lots of Will's pictures of the Spam museum here:





After the Spam museum we went across the street and ate at the SPAMARAMA! I ordered a chicken tenders sandwich, which had nothing to do with Spam. It was delicious. :D

2 comments:

  1. Ohmigosh! Abi, I never noticed before HOW much you look like your mom!! Great update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abi -- Be sure you ask your grandfather to do his Yogi Bear impression -- it's been a few years but I hope he still remembers how.

    ReplyDelete