Our Odyssey

Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'm here!


I'd call this a guest post, but I'm going to be here for the next two and a half weeks so it's more than a one time guest post thingy.

First off let me just say that I am SO HAPPY to be in the RV. I had a wonderful first day, and I'm looking forward to two and a half weeks of crazy fun times :D The only bad part about coming here was the flight, which was not only a red-eye, but what even the PILOT called "intensely turbulent".

Momma and Will were waiting for me at the airport, and I crashed as soon as I got home, and didn't wake up till probably 12ish. After that Mom and I went to go shopping at the Mall of America, or Mall of the Americas as she likes to call it.

When we got there we went to get a motorized wheel chair, since mom is still recovering from pneumonia, and walking around a four story incredibly crowded mall for 5 hours probably wasn't the best idea. The motorized wheel chair was so. totally. awesome. I ran over a SHARK in that wheelchair, and even the SHARK thought it was so awesome that he jumped up and gave me a high five. Enough said. And I didn't even make that up.


Anyway, mommy also got me some really cute clothing, and probably would have bought me an entire new wardrobe if I hadn't drawn the line. After shopping we came home to a delicious "RV first night meal" of tortilla chips with chili and cheese dip, and then settled down with a big bag of Twizzlers to watch Field of Dreams. Then it started POURING, and Will made us steaming cups of cocoa to drink while we enjoyed the warmth of the RV, and listened to the rain and thunder outside.

All in all, it was a very good first day :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are having a great time Abi! Did you ever finish that book i lent you?
    give your mom a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete