Our Odyssey

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Badlands

Got into the Badlands yesterday afternoon, and after walking the dogs etc., set out to get a few pictures before dark, and hopefully find some food to take back to Anne. Pretty remote area here, not a whole lot of choices.

I got my shot early (a panorama I have yet to assemble), so I started heading back home, just grabbing what the light gave me, and what life strew across my path. The picture above is off a little path at the top of the badlands wall.

I still took a few hours to get down from the wall, so I headed into Interior, a small settlement not far from the base.


A drive into the down brought me to a very tough looking squat windowless aluminum building that proclaimed itself a bar. A ways past that I found a small grocery store, but the weathered old Indian folding up the blankets out front told me it was closed.

I zipped down a side street, and saw two buildings I needed to shoot.


Awesome little town - a real gritty feel to it. I could live here.

Finally found a little darkened store that was still open, and got some food for Anne as well. I'll let her decide it if was worth the wait!

4 comments:

  1. i would love to go there. it looks so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT WAS THE FOOD? gosh.
    nothing here for a foodie to read about -.-
    i'm missing our "first night in the rv meal" btw.
    And that jail is totally awesome :D
    That's a really great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the kind of burgers you get in a 7-11, Abi. Hopefully the latest post will meet your foodie needs. :)

    ReplyDelete