Our Odyssey

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chilling in Chattanooga


This will be a brief post. We all have some awful virus; I think it's the flu because we are so achy and feverish. Will got it first - he says he got it from the Dalai Lama (we saw him speak on Wednesday). Then I got it, then Ben got it. Happily the dogs are all fine. Imagine how bad THAT would be if we had an RV full of sick dogs.

We are all lying about and when we speak it's hard to understand because we are so raspy and congested. Plus we keep making old man noises; groaning every time we stand or roll over or move much at all. We've gotten through most of a bottle of Nyquil, to little effect.

Ben has not yet learned how to swallow pills so I have to keep soaking ibuprofen in juice and mashing it up for him. Ibuprofen is MUCH harder to mash up than aspirin or Tylenol! Has anyone else noticed this? And then he complains because it tastes bad.

It was a real trudge driving from Shiloh to Chattanooga yesterday feeling like this. But I figured it would be good to be closer to drug stores and doctors' offices, etc, if this bug gets much worse. Plus Will's two sisters who live here are both nurses. Bonus. It's hard waiting to see everybody, but I'm sure we are still infectious.

Today Will and I made it out to the grocery store and stocked up on food, and bought a bunch of cheap movies. We are going to have tomato soup and garlic bread, and watch Forrest Gump and then maybe Terminator 3 or Stand By Me.

Here's a funny story about soup and then I'm off to watch the movie. When Abi was about six or seven years old, she came home from a friend's house very excited.

"Mommy, I had the BEST tomato soup! Can we please have some like it?"

I always made them homemade soup from scratch. The kids had not liked my last batch of tomato soup, made with tomatoes from our garden. So I was interested to hear how her friend's family made it differently.

"Sure Abi, what was the tomato soup like?"

"It had a name, Mommy, they called it CAMP-bells. CAMP-bells tomato soup. Could we have some CAMP-bells?"

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! CAMP-bells ftw!!
    I am so sorry that you guys are sick :( :(
    But I am jealous of your movie fests :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie fests have been awesome - we're seeing some old school classics.

    ReplyDelete