Our Odyssey

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dawn

First morning out on our new adventure, in Anza Borrego Park at dawn. We picked up our new RV the day before, and drove out here just before dusk. When I say new, I mean new to us; it's a 33 foot 1994 Rexhall Aerbus, a diesel pusher with a Cummins engine and a Banks system. This is a shakedown cruise for us, seeing how she handles and learn how to cope with whatever we find.

First off, on hook-up the day before I discovered a significant leak under the bathroom sink. A connector had worked itself loose, and needed to be tightened. That's all, but it took lying on the floor in an awkward position fiddling around and tightening a connection in a very small space. Barely enough room for a wrench in there. Just took perseverence though, and it was all done.

We're travelling with three dogs, and that's another little adventure all on its own.

1 comment:

  1. I took a motorcycle trip from VA to CA and back years ago (late 90's) and 20 mins out the bike died. It was raining so I figured maybe water in the carb or something. It was fortunate that the bike died under an overpass. I fiddled with the airbox (which is about the extent of my mechanical knowledge) and amazingly it started up. Not another problem the whole 3 month trip and I really put the bike through the paces through all kinds of horrible weather!! So anyway, here's hoping you have similar luck!

    ReplyDelete